When I first started writing Ari’s blog, the primary reason was exhaustion. I was on the phone until 1 a.m. giving updates several days in a row. It was too much. So I started to write.
People asked if it was therapeutic as well. Sorta maybe, but during a crisis it’s more war chronicling than journaling. “We’re in the foxhole. They’re shooting at us.” Soothing? No so much.
As I’ve noted in the past, the blog eventually gave Ari a voice. That’s when it became more for me than a convenient
excuse way to avoid people give updates. And this was before Ari’s voice really came alive when he started posting his own updates.
Here on Echo of Hope, Ari has:
– Been a spy on a secret mission
– Won the World Wrestling Federation heavyweight championship
– Been interviewed by Time Magazine
– Starred as a special guest on Who’s Line is it Anyway?
– Delivered the commencement address at Harvard Medical School
– Reviewed Erica and me as parents
As of this moment, however, Ari will write no more posts.